A healthier version of chicken strips, these tasty strips are baked not fried. The secret to their crispiness…cornflakes!
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place a wire/cooling rack inside a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In one bowl, pour the buttermilk. In another bowl, mix together the crushed cereal, garlic powder, and salt. Dip each chicken strip into the milk then coat with the cereal mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until brown and cooked fully. After baking, immediately toss into sauce. Serve immediately.
For the sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, oil, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes or until slightly thickened. Reserve some of the sauce for dipping, if desired.
Recipe and photo from Chocolate Moosey